Developer and publisher Aeternum Game Studios has announced that its 2D Blasphemous-esque Metroidvania, Aeterna Noctis, will be getting a large patch that helps to make the game more accessible for less experienced players, while adding a handful of quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes as well.
Specifically, the Spanish team has added a brand new game mode dubbed Aeterna, which is less challenging and features slightly easier combat than the standard mode. In fact, Aeterna mode instead emphasizes the title’s exploration, and has even had some levels retroactively re-designed to make it a smoother experience for newcomers.
Furthermore, bosses’ HP has been slightly dialled down, and players will now have the option to switch between difficulty modes on the fly.
Finally, the new update will also bring with it a handful of bug fixes, while adding some new thrones to the map, which was a highly requested feature from the Aeterna Noctis community.
For more information about Aeterna Noctis, here’s a brief overview courtesy of a press release we received recently:
Aeterna Noctis is a challenging 2D hand-drawn action platformer, a Metroidvania with thrilling combat that will keep you on the edge of your seat and heart-stopping platform sections that will put your skills to the test. Become the King of Darkness in an epic journey through 16 connected areas.
– Experience a metroidvania with a challenging difficulty. Easy to learn, but hard to master as you gain experience and unlock new skills.
– Explore the mysterious lands of Aeterna in a non-linear way. You are always the one to choose your next challenge. All the levels are designed to fully exploit the movement skills of the characters, opening multiple ways to overcome each challenge.
– Enjoy a clean and fluid gameplay designed and polished to achieve a system that responds to 100% of the actions regardless of the speed and conditions in which they are executed.
– Immerse in a deep and beautiful story. Aeterna Noctis is not just about platforms! As a proud son of the Metroidvania genre, it is also filled with fast-paced action, epic moments, and unexpected twists that will captivate even the most experienced of players.
Aeterna Noctis is available to purchase now for $29.99 on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
- Cute Hand-Drawn Metroidvania ‘Greak: Memories of Azur’ Gets PS4 & Xbox One Launch Trailer
- Hand-Painted Metroidvania ITORAH Coming to PC in Spring 2022
- Pixel Art Metroidvania Akatori Gets Action-Filled Gameplay Trailer
- Fantasy Network Puts a Fresh Social Media Spin on Classic Metroidvania
- Grime Looks Like a Clever Souls/Metroidvania Combo in Latest Gameplay Trailer