As a celebration of Castlevania’s 35th anniversary, Konami hosted an NFT auction on OpenSea a few days ago selling various items such as stills, music clips, and video clips related to the popular series. Bids started low, but quickly skyrocketed as more fans got in on the action. And now, those same NFTs are getting resold with bids going up as high as $11,000 USD.
For all the first time buyers who managed to snag an NFT during the auction itself, their names will be listed on Konami’s website as special thanks for their support. Of course, this certainly hasn’t stopped buyers from relisting the items and trying to see if they can resell them at a higher price.
Most of the NFTs were bought at around 5 ETH, which comes up to around $17,000 USD, and several bids have already reached the 3 ETH threshold. With the success of the Castlevania auction, we certainly wouldn’t be surprised if Konami decides to host similar events again in the future.
- Konami Celebrates Castlevania’s 35th Anniversary With NFT Auction
- PUBG Animated Series In the Works By Netflix’s Castlevania Producer
- Trailers for the Witcher, the Cuphead Show, Castlevania, & More Shown off at Netflix Geeked Week Presentation
- Elderand Looks Like a Castlevania Love Letter in its First Gameplay Trailer
- The Latest Castlevania Trailer Shows Season 4 Will Be Bloody & Beautiful