Today third-party developer Aeroplane Heaven released another relevant warbird for Microsoft Flight Simulator, the P-51D Mustang.
Below you can read a list of features and watch a trailer, on top of a video on a few specific features like bomb load, WEP, and tailwheel lock.
- All new hi-fidelity models with superb detail including gun bays and gear wells
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built over contemporary detailed plans and drawings
- Authentic cockpit detail includes many bespoke animations and effects.
- Full PBR materials and textures include realistic “pillowing” of metal surfaces.
- Animated authentic U.S. military pilot figure + your choice to remove for Asobo stock pilot
- Specially animated, realistic undercarriage operation and the famous hydraulic droop
- Choice of classic or modern radios
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance based on real flight tests.
- Specially authored WWise Hi-Fidelity sound package.
- Unique code to “iron” out poor simulator tail-dragger performance.
- Loadouts and external tanks based on weight.
Here’s a list of included liveries:
- “Cripes ‘a’ mighty” 487th Squadron 352nd group
- “Glamourous glen III ” 363rd Squadron 357th Fighter group
- MKIVA 303 Squadron KM112
- MKIVA 3rd squadron
- “Big Beautiful Doll” 84th Squadron 78th fighter group
- “Detroit Miss” 375th Squadron 361st Fighter group
- “Jersey Jerk” 361st Squadron 356th Fighter group
- “Jumpin’ Jacques” 3rd Squadron 3rd Fighter group
- “Old Crow” 362nd Squadron 357th Fighter group
- “Ridge Runner III” 335th Squadron 4 Fighter group
- “The Hun Hunter” 354th Squadron 355th Fighter group
- “Shangrila” 336th Squadron 4th Fighter group
- “The Millie G” 343rd Squadron 55th Fighter group
- P-51D 44-74950 now registered as N511D
- P-51D 44-84952 now registered as N201D
- P-51D 45-11371 now registered as N1051S
Recently, we published our latest interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann and we heard more about Microsoft’s plans for the next few months, including World Update Australia.
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.